Your Obligations While on Bond
Whether you are the indemnitor (co-signer) or the defendant, you have agreed to maintain the following obligations. Failing to hold up your end of the deal can have serious consequences.
- Indemnitors must read, understand, and ask questions when signing documents!
You need to know and fully understand what you’re agreeing to, and you must take your responsibility very seriously. If you feel you may be unable to meet these obligations, you shouldn’t enter into an agreement with a bail bondsman. It’s not as simple as just signing a few papers—it’s a big responsibility. Once the papers are signed, you are personally responsible if the defendant fails to appear in court.
- Stay in contact with our office.Make sure we have the correct phone number and can reach you at all times, and answer or return our calls as soon as possible. This is important!
- Always provide us with up-to-date contact information so that we may reach you at any time. If we cannot locate you, we cannot notify you of your court appearance(s). Give us backup methods of reaching you in case your personal cell phone or landline fails.
- Pay us the fee you were charged. We do our best to make our services affordable, and we offer a variety of payment plans for your convenience. If you were issued credit, make all payments in a timely manner.
- Defendants must appear in court as required. This is the law -- if defendants do not appear in court, they have not only broken their contract with us, but also will be held accountable by law.
- Defendants must dress appropriately for court and be on time.
- Do your best to hire an attorney and maintain contact with his/her office.
- Understand the consequences of failing to maintain your obligations. We do our best to make this clear, but feel free to call us if you have any questions. We do our best to be understanding and to help you, but we can only do that if you hold up your end of the deal.
- If the defendant fails to appear in court and cannot be found, you must do your best to help find them.